We are open to submissions for a wide range of mysteries, including:
- Contemporary PIs
- YA Mysteries
Our books are clean and wholesome, but they can be written with or without a gospel message.
We do not accept horror, paranormal, erotic, or pornographic manuscripts.
Please follow these guidelines for submission:
You may submit your proposals to EITHER (both is not necessary or preferred - we provide two in case of technical difficulty) of the following e-mail addresses. Please replace words in brackets with symbols and delete any spaces:
editor [at] writeintegrity [dot] com
tracyruckman [at] pixnpens [dot] com
In the body of your original e-mail to us, please include
- A brief cover letter, to introduce yourself and your book.
- Full word count (using Word’s counter) if the manuscript is complete, or an estimated time of completion and anticipated word count.
- A short bio.
- Pitch - 30 words or less.
- Long blurb – 150-200 words (think back cover blurb).
- The FIRST three chapters AND the LAST chapter. If the book has a prologue or epilogue, include those in addition to the required chapters.
Please follow industry-standard formatting. This means:
- Pages should have 1" margins on all sides.
- Lines should be double-spaced.
- Font should be Times New Roman, size 12.
- Use black ink only - do not use color fonts.
We do not accept submissions by snail mail.
Submissions to Pens of Mystery should not include the following:
- Incest of any kind.
- Murder of children; child abuse.
- Vampires, witches, werewolves, paranormals, aliens, future realities, and New Age psychics as protagonists.
These guidelines will also be posted on a separate page of our website - please check the links above for future reference.