Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dream Valentine Dates

We're celebrating romance all week at Write Integrity, so we asked our authors to share with us their dream Valentine date.

Jerusha Agen: I’ll know when and if it happens. [She added a smiley to that comment!]

Julie Arduini: I’d love to return to the Adirondacks. We went to Lake Placid in Fall 2000, and the place we stayed was beautiful. I’d love to go back to Mirror Lake Inn again and walk the streets and browse.

Theresa Anderson: The sky’s the limit? Money is no object and time is not a factor. I'd travel to Italy or England and cozy up in a cottage along the coast with my favorite man, and live a simple life building relationships with locals and loving on neighbors. Then, I'd pause time so it remained Valentine's Day until I got bored and ready to return home. Ah! just the thought is relaxing!

Joan Deneve: For me, I've found the secret to romance is to take the focus off getting the love and attention one might crave and concentrate on giving it instead. Something I might find romantic would bore my husband to tears. So I would want to pick something we both would enjoy. My husband has mentioned a place that he would like to visit and I have to say, it's one of the most romantic things I could think of. After forty years of marriage, he wants to revisit, and recreate, the night he asked me to marry him. His idea! That's what makes it so romantic. Signal Mountain, Tennessee. It is now four hours away from where we live, and it would be a perfect day. We love road trips. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. So here's the key: Whatever you love to do together ... that's romantic.

Fay Lamb: Ha! I just told my husband my Valentine's dream day would be for him to take his mother out all day while I stay at home. And, no, I'm not joking.

Betty Thomason Owens: If I’m dreaming, I dream big: Musha Cay, David Copperfield’s private island in the Bahamas. Valentine’s Day because it’s warm there, but not here. But if we’re not dreaming, I have a favorite little Italian restaurant here in Louisville where they make everything from scratch, including the tiramisu, which is the best I’ve had anywhere. Difabio’s Casapella…

What's YOUR dream Valentine date?

Don't forget, The Love Boat Bachelor is FREE on Kindle right now! Learn who the readers chose as Brent's true love! And see how his story ends? Or is it just beginning?

And check out the author interviews on

Fay Lamb’s On the Ledge:
Spotlight on Author, Betty Thomason Owens: Port of Call: Grand Cayman with Eliana Grayson






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I would love to go to Italy. I passed up an opportunity with family a number of years ago because he'd just started a new job and couldn't accompany me. Congratulations on the release of The Love Boat Bachelor! I took advantage of the free Kindle version and look forward to reading it.

Gail Griner Golden at Gail-Friends said...

My husband and I would visit Israel, rent an apartment and stay for a month so that we could leisurely visit all of the sites.
Gail Golden