Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Three People on a Journey

Unlikely Merger is now available and it's on sale for 99 cents!

We recently provided a writing prompt to our authors: If you could take three people on summer vacation, you'd take [who] and [why]. We told them they could take real or fictional people, from the past, present, or future.

Today, Marji Laine shares her thoughts:

Three People on the Journey
by Marji Laine


If I could take 3 people on a trip with me, I’d bring my sweet hubby, my brother, and my sis-in-law. And it’s not just because they’re family. Bubba and my Hubby are very close. Bubba’s wife and I were roommates in college and are still best friends.

And, in truth, we’ve vacationed several times together, laughing for miles over the silliest things like business signs, trivia questions, and any abnormal fellow traveler we might see along the way. Not unlike the road trips with my girls.


Again, in this case, it’s the journey and the companions that make the trip fun. With such wonderful people with me, the destination doesn’t even matter.

****

Marji Laine is a wife and homeschooling mom with teenage twins left in the nest. Having just released her debut novella Grime Beat, she spends her non-writing time transporting to and from volleyball, directing high school classes at a local coop, and leading the children’s music program at her church. From suburban Dallas, she loves to create scintillating suspense with a side of Texas sassy. She invites readers to unravel their inspiration, seeking a deeper knowledge of the Lord’s Great Mystery that invites us all.








Monday, June 29:
            

Sunday, June 28:


No comments: